Monday, August 8, 2011

Why do community colleges do this..?

Because nursing is extra competitive right now. I know at my school (also a CC) they don't care about remedial cles for pretty much everything, but for things like nursing, paramedics, etc. they do. I know for a fact there were people in my remedial cles when I took them who were there specifically because they did not have an A in the cl in high school, and they were trying to apply to one of these programs. The nursing admissions at my school told me if I couldn't get an A in remedial biology and chemistry, I probably shouldn't even bother applying. (Luckily I did, though!) Although I'm sure it won't be held too much against you if they can see that you improved for the credit cles, but really, the fact that you didn't take it seriously is no one's fault but your own. I think someone who took those cles and DID take it seriously, and put in the work, should get priority over you...do you really disagree?

No comments:

Post a Comment