Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How does my essay sound?

For many years, I have desired to become an attorney. As a child, I would read children's books involving the justice system, such as those from the Science Court series. I loved learning about how lawyers, judges, and other officers of the court worked to make our justice system operate. I especially enjoyed reading about the lawyers. The methods they used to present their cases eloquently, and effectively piqued my interest and changed my view of them. Years ago, lawyers were considered to be pillars of their communities, and were revered by all, but the public’s view of lawyers has significantly deteriorated in recent years. Lawyers are now portrayed as being selfish, arrogant, and unsympathetic, but not all lawyers exhibit such reprobate characteristics. Most are hardworking people who are dedicated to upholding the law, and the rights of all those who are governed by it. In a profession full of corruption, and dishonesty, these individuals are willing to stand up for the tenets on which this country was founded: justice, truth, and morality. It is my wish to join them in the fight against malfeasance, and immorality within the legal profession. Hamilton College can give me the knowledge, and experience necessary to achieve this goal, with their extensive Pre-Law program, and internship opportunities, but financing a Hamilton education is a difficult task. This scholarship can help to make the tuition payments less burdensome. If granted this scholarship, I vow to help restore honor, and dignity to the legal profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment